Thursday, March 19, 2009

What I derserve....

I'm listening to Alanis' song You Learn...if you listen to the lyrics, it's speaking the truth. You live you learn, you love you learn, you cry you learn, you bleed you learn, you scream you learn.
I've been thinking about the title of my blog...I'm realizing the adversities I've been through in the past year, are what is going to make me stronger as a woman, as a person & as a mother. I KNOW that I deserve better than what I've been given in the past as a lover. I know I have to be patient, it's hard but I know I have to do it.
I like someone that knows a lot about me & the things I've been going through. But last night I decided to pull away from him. It's nothing he did...he has been understanding for the most part, since his situation isn't as bad as mine but we're almost in the same boat. But it's more of I'm not letting my heart heal & all the hurt/pain fall by the waist side. So I'm going to take time out & live my life, & let myself heal. I will keep things with him as platonic as I can. But whatever happens happens.
“You may encounter many defeats, but you must not be defeated. In fact, it may be necessary to encounter the defeats, so you can know who you are, what you can rise from, and how you can still come out of it.”-Maya Angelou

No comments:

Post a Comment